Nanaimo Water Aerodrome is now available as a free download.
The airport is Larry Robinson’s fist project for Orbx and recreates the feel of flying from Seattle to Desolation Sound on Kenmore Air. Nanaimo Water Aerodrome (CAC8) is a main stopping point on that particular route. It consists of two areas of operation, A and B. Area A, adjacent to downtown Nanaimo serves Harbour Air and Sunshine Coast Air. Area B to the north is not included but will be part of a later service pack.
The initial release includes seaplane docks with the breakwater, the marina, waterfront walkway, downtown buildings and the park to the north.
• The industrial area to the south including Port of Nanaimo and a high-resolution static model of the ship MV Ocean Wind
• Two AI foot ferries, one going to nearby Newcastle Island and one going to the locally famous Dinghy Dock Pub, also modelled
• High resolution static Seaspan tug and an AI version which follows a route to the booming grounds to the south
• Large log booms in appropriate places
• High-resolution Seaspan barges, First Nations racing canoes, and a model of a bathtub racer
• Marine navigation aids
• A static model of a Harbour Air de Havilland Canada DHC-3 adapted from an FS2004 model by Premier Aircraft Design
• The BC Ferries Nanaimo to Gabriola Island ferry terminal south of the marina
• A service pack will add Area B including the SeaAir terminal, the large Departure Bay ferry terminal and nearby features.
Please note that Orbx FTX Pacific Nortwest is required to run this addon.