Værøy is a small island in northern Norway, known for its unpredictable weather, long summer days and nights lit by the northern lights during the winter.
The airport is nestled at the bottom of a 450m cliff on the northern side of the island, an area known for rapidly changing winds and downdrafts. It operated between 1986 and 1990 when it was closed as half of the scheduled flights were cancelled due to the precarious wind conditions.
The package was produced by Aerosoft and is available for FSX and Prepar3D. The entire island is modelled in detail, including Værøy Airport (ENVY) and the newer heliport (ENVR). It also includes a custom Aurora Borealis effects creating a majestic atmosphere, especially during the dark winter months.
• Photoscenery covering the whole island with seasonal variation
• Custom 30 terrain model, including sloped runway on Værøy Airport
• Realistic recreation of Værøy Airport as it was before it`s closure
• Custom approach, runway and PLASI lights
• High detail runway and taxiway textures utilizing specular and normal mapping
• Realistic night time effects, including streetlights
• Multiple animations including road traffic, flags and windsocks
• Interior models for both the airport and heliport terminals
• Custom models for the city and harbour buildings
• Configuration tool for adjusting performance on a range of systems