Hardware News: Professional Pedals at a reasonable price
The website of MFG Crosswind rudder pedals affirms that these are “Arguably the best value in rudder pedals currently available to flight sim enthusiasts outside of a government contract.” Looking at the feature set and watching the accompanying promotional videos, you can understand why they make this bold statement. The product’s stated key features are: “Unparalleled accuracy, longevity and response time.”
Designed for the more serious flight simmer, the maker of these rudder pedals was motivated by a desire to design a set of high quality pedals at a reasonable price point.
Key features include the following:
• High resolution contactless magnetic sensors guarantee high precision without degradation over time, making spikey potentiometers a thing of the past. Modern electronics provide up to 500 updates per second.
• 3rd generation tri-axis digital Hall sensor on rudder axis (4096 positions) and analog halls for brakes (2048 positions per brake)
• Adjustable pedals angle and toe-out.
*Minimum angle = 20° (goes fully horizontal when brake applied)
*Maximum* angle = 52°
*Toe-out adjustment by changing swivel
* Can be extended up to 62° by adding 10mm support plate under pedals, or by using “width adjustment plates” extra cost option.
Differential Toe Brakes:
• Independent left and right brake axis (20 degree pressing) combined with strong torsion return springs provides excellent braking action.
• Four different settings of braking strength adjustment.
Adjustable and smooth rudder centering design:
• ‘Cam and arm’ centering principle for smooth over the centre transitions
• Fine-tunable knob for rudder ‘return to centre’ force adjustment.
Exchangeable centering ‘CAM’ profiles:
• CAM centering profiles have influence over the progressive increase in force required when deflecting the rudder axis from the central position. This allows for fine-tuning the feel of the pedals to realistically reflect the forces of different aircraft.
The following video gives you an overview of the main features:
To find out more visit:mfg.simundza.com/products.
Look out for a full review in a future issue of PC Pilot.