Scenery News: Aerosoft release new Norwegian airport for FSX, FSX: Steam Edition and Prepar3D
Aerosoft has recently announced the release of Alta airport (ENAT, ALF) – located in one of the most sparsely populated and remote areas in northern Norway.
On their website, Aersoft say that: ‘This add-on provides a very accurate and realistic recreation of Alta Airport, including high-detailed models and textures that were optimised not only to provide great visuals, but also excellent performance. A custom windsock, flags, people animations, runway lights and night time effects, combine to create a life-like and lively rendition of the Alta airport.’
‘Special highlights include seasonal variations (including 3D snow) that, in combination with the customized terrain mesh, provide an impressive atmosphere especially at winter.’ In addition, the mountains in the nearly 50km² surroundings of the airport make for a challenging approach.’
Here’s a rundown of the main features:
• Realistic recreation of Alta Airport (ENAT, ALF)
• Fully compatible with FSX SP2 (Acceleration), FSX: Steam Edition and Prepar3D v3
• Seasonal variations including 3D snow
• All airport buildings included in high detail
• Models and textures based on photos taken at the airport
• Created using optimal modelling and texturing techniques for optimal performance and visuals
• Custom windsock and flag animations depending on wind speed and direction
• Realistic night time effects
• Custom approach, runway and PAPI lights
• Terminal interior included
• Static aircraft included
• Animations bring the airport to life, including animated people
• Configuration tool included for optimal performance on a wide range of systems
• High resolution photo scenery (20cm/pixel) covering the airport boundary
• Large coverage of 50cm/pixel photo scenery (46.7km²)
• Custom terrain mesh covering the surrounding area.
Aerosoft has produced a promotional video which also showcases the main features.
To find out more, visitwww.aerosoft.com