Orbx developer, Jarrad Marshall, has revealed preview screenshots of the upcoming project , Innsbruck Airport (LOWI).
He said the package will provide exhaustive coverage of the area (the largest PR area of any ORBX airport to date), many helicopter landing areas, and over 160 detailed landmarks and points of interest. Far beyond the city, explore the peaks of Karwendel, Stubai and Tux Alps, the picturesque Inn, Wipp and Stubai Valleys, a portion of the historic Brenner Pass and even Germany’s tallest mountain, Zugspitze. Over a dozen towns and villages dot the Tyrolian landscape, each carefully reproduced with colour-blended scenery and highly-detailed autogen. Keep an eye out for visual cues useful to pilots of all stripes; animated trains, prominent structures (including notable church spires along the flightpath), custom-modelled bridges, hazardous power lines and notable buildings are all lovingly recreated.
I have endeavoured to capture the atmosphere and palette of the beautiful Tyrol region, whilst still spending a huge amount of time on the “small details”. As always, I stress greatly about performance; as such huge efforts have gone into optimising this scenery in anticipation of you flying your favourite resource-heavy airliner – we are currently deep in performance benchmark testing with the team. Whether you are a by-the-book airline captain, bizjet guru, helicopter rescue pilot, casual general aviation flyer or even slow-and-silent glider pilot, ORBX FTX Innsbruck will be the scenery for your simming adventures.
Airports and heliports
- Innsbruck Airport (LOWI) – The centrepiece of the scenery, in full HD
- Innsbruck Air Rescue Heliport (LOJO) – major helicopter base attached to Innsbruck Airport.
- Innsbruck University Hospital (LOIU) – the famous rooftop helipad in the city centre.
- Hat Tux Heliport / Alpin 5 (LOJT) – forward base for alpine rescue operations, located high up in the Tux Alps.
- Fire Service College Heliport (LOIN) – a fun location, and a little hard to find. Training school for local fire/rescue operators.
- Emergency Helipad – A nondescript landing area situated adjacent to the railway line near Buch-in-Tirol.
- Huge extended coverage area with full LC, 10m Holgermesh, vector roads/rail/powerlines and waterbodies
- 200,000+ building and 800,000+ vegetation autogen placements
- Complete seasonal variations for immersive experience