Orbx has released Germany North for FSX and Prepar3D.
The package covers approximately 70,653 square miles of densely populated terrain. The area extends to the borders of Denmark, the Netherlands and Poland and then south to the boundary of the upcoming FTX Germany South.
You can explore a wide variety of landscapes from the scenic coastlines and offshore islands to the vast agricultural areas of the north German flatlands; the Harz Mountains; well-known rivers like Rhine and Elbe, extensive mudflats. The urban and historic metropolises of Berlin, Hamburg, Lübeck and many others are realistically portrayed and the differences between “East” and “West” are still noticeable. Other areas to look out for are offshore windfarms with helipads; military ranges and bases built by either NATO or the Soviet Union – all of which have been recreated in detail and accuracy.
Hand-placed custom landclass along with the road and railroad networks, powerlines, wind turbines, alley trees, and major vertical obstructions are included for true-to-life VFR flying. Many key points of interests, urban/industrial as well as natural are featured with local photoreal coverage that are fully annotated with autogen buildings and vegetation.
Please note that FTX Germany North makes use of the “unified lclookup” therefore you will need to ensure that you have migrated your Orbx installation to use the new lclookup. More information on migration can be found on the Orbx support forums.
• Hand-placed landclass covers every sq mile
• Custom autogen textures and objects
• FTX Global 3D night lighting effects
• Accurate roads, rivers, lakes, alley trees
• More than 90,000 individually placed and assigned powerline pylons
• 386 airports have been upgraded or added
• Custom models of hundreds of POIs, dams, lighthouses
• Photoreal Cityscape Berlin “lite”
• Photoreal mudflats, Hamburg port, Bremerhaven port, Duisburg Thyssenwerke, open pit mines
• GEN mesh is compiled at 20-m grid spacing