Laminar Research has announced X-Plane 11 is out of beta testing and is now a full official release.
The team said it is now working on more improvements and features for the first free update. And this month Laminar Research is on a mission to get top notch Gateway submissions for the world’s busiest airports, along with regular tips and add-ons.
The latest submissions include:
- ZGSZ Shenzen Baoan International by artist anthony_d
- YMML Melbourne by artist pikitanga
- KJFK John F. Kennedy by artist Connor Russell
KJFK is already shipping with X-Plane 11, but the others will be coming in future updates.
X-Plane 11 features new aircraft, scenery, and 3-D airports. This new version also incorporates the newest technology available in computing and graphics processing, resulting in breathtaking visual and dynamic effects.
Some of the major features include:
- New intuitive user interface and control setup
- Completely overhauled aircraft fleet with detailed documentation, plus multiple new aircraft
- High-resolution exteriors and detailed 3-D cockpits for many aircraft
- New global auto-gen scenery with both European and North American details
- The latest road placement and global scenery from open street map are included
- Now with over 3000 airports with 3-D buildings & airport scenery
- Airports are now populated with dynamic, driving service vehicles and static and dynamic aircraft.
- New rendering engine for enhanced lighting and water effects
- Updated weather and atmospheric effects
- Enhanced performance from the modern 64-bit engine
X-Plane 11 is available to purchase through Steam and DVDs will be coming shortly. You can also buy pro-use USB keys and digital downloads.